Chickpea "Egg" Salad is easy to make and packed with fiber and protein.
- 15.5 oz. can of chickpeas (choose a can with a BPA free lining) drained & rinsed
- ¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tbsp organic sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic dijon mustard
- ¼ cup soy free vegan mayo or Forager Project plain unsweetened Cashwegurt
- ½ tsp Moon Deli golden turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 clove of garlic - roughly chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to assemble the team:
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until the texture is somewhat flakey
- Stir in the celery, green onions, dill pickle, relish, onion, mayo or cashwegurt, turmeric, paprika, and garlic until combined
- Add the mustard, gently fold in the dill, then season with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, adjusting the quantities to taste.
It's pretty versatile. My top two favorite ways to enjoy it are in a sandwich or adding a scoop or two to a salad.
The salad in the photo features butter lettuce, easter radishes, cucs, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, coconut bacon (we'll def talk about that soon) and Wild Brine Beet Kraut. If you saw my Instagram story yesterday, then you heard me ramble on about probiotics & fermented foods. Beet (or any other kind of) Kraut adds a nice crunch, a little tang and those belly bliss inducing probiotics.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram for more healthy living inspo & other recipes.