- 1 cup large (pitted) Medjool dates
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup peanut flour
- ¾ cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup raw (or if roasted unsalted) peanuts
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Foods vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Salt is also optional * (I don't add salt, the PB has plenty for my taste)
HOW TO ASSEMBLE:
- Soak the pitted dates in about 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the water.
- In a food processor blend up dates with 2-4 tablespoons of water, slowly adding water as needed and scraping down the sides often until a smooth paste has formed.
- Add peanut butter, peanut flour, oats, flax meal, and peanuts and blend together into a thick dough.
- If using, fold in the vegan chocolate chips now
- Round about 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the freezer for approx one month.
Want more recipes? Enter your email addy down below to become a part of my circle of trust.